What we are about…
Our intention is to help you discover for yourself, and for your partner if you are in relationship, what exactly an Xtraordinary Relationship looks like.
Gaining the clarity on what you are both wanting is the first step of many in co-creating a partnership that provides the foundation for both of you to thrive – individually and together.
Once the direction is clear, we provide the tools, skills, concepts and understanding of what needs to be done, to co-creating your vision together.
If that sounds like something you are interested in finding out more about. Read on…
My name is Steve Sweeney and I’m excited you have found your way here.
If you’re looking for practical, useful and easily implemented tools and skills in creating relationships that actually work.
Then you are in the right place.
Maybe you’re already in a committed relationship that is heading in a direction that does not sit well for either, or both of you — and you want ways to alter the direction the relationship is heading, while deepening the connection you have together.
Or, you’re single and the allure and excitement of one night stands and casual encounters has become a little stale and empty, and the desire for a committed relationship is beginning to grow…
Then you’re in the right place
I’ve mentored and guided 1,000’s of people in their search for the information, skills and personal awareness tools needed, to get out of old relationship habits and jump into a new way of connecting, negotiating and relating,
Where they can safely express more of their authentic self, in partnership.
Explore the content here and you too can feel more confident, competent, authentic. & passionately loving in your intimate relationships.
My partner and I use these very same techniques, tools and skills in our partnership and with our children, with great success.
Here’s the approach of Xtraordinary Relationships in a nutshell.
Firstly, identify what an Xtraordinary Relationship looks like for yourself, and your partner, if already in a committed relationship.
Secondly, gain the practical skills, self-awareness and emotional intelligence needed, to co-create the shared vision you have with your existing partner, or partner to be.
It’s that simple.
And it’s that complicated and challenging too!
It’s worth it.
What is an Xtraordinary Relationship?
Lets begin with what ordinary relationships look like.
Ordinary relationships can be characterised by:
- high levels of dissatisfaction, conflict and tension
- distance between the partners
- lack of trust and goodwill
- lots of blaming, finger pointing & using victimhood as an avoidance of responsibility
- misunderstandings made worse by lack of empathy
- power and control issues
- poor communication skills that miss the mark
- misunderstandings that frequently escalate into conflict that needn’t occur
- low sexual satisfaction & expression
- non-sexual touch & affection can be low or missing entirely
- each trying to get what they want at the expense of the other
In ordinary relationships differences between lovers, is seen as threatening to the shared ‘togetherness’.
It’s normal to have differences in: beliefs, philosophy, perceptions, point of views, sexual appetites, need for intimacy, between two people in a committed relationship.
The key is not allowing these difference to get between us.
We allow our differences to get between us, and increase the sense of separation, when we make our partner wrong for being different.
We do this when we judge, put-down, demean, denigrate, dismiss, ignore, or criticise their difference. Instead of making a genuine attempt to understand.
Differences do not have to create distance.
Differences can enhance the erotic energy between lovers.
On the positive side.
What is an Xtraordinary Relationship?
It’s that little bit ‘Xtra’ that is the difference between the ordinary and the Xtraordinary!
Xtraordinary relationships are characterised by:
- higher levels of contentedness, joy & support
- closeness between the partners
- a foundation of trust, care & goodwill
- continued attempts to understand and empathise with each other
- ongoing negotiation plus open communication of desires and wants
- improving communication skills, in an environment that encourages risk and accepts that mistakes do occur
- higher levels of sexual satisfaction & expression — all parties accept sex play & eroticism, have an important role in maintaining connection – and do not occur by chance — sex and erotic play has to be planned & intended
- non-sexual touch is valued and is separate from sexual touch
- each partner trying to get what they want with a win-win intention
- both accept that we all are doing the best we can, at any moment, with what we have been given
- an appreciation that our differences are just that, differences. They are not judged as being better or worse, as less or better than. They are just differences — which are appreciated and valued. For it’s the differences between us that set off the initial erotic/sexual spark that brought us together
- partnerships are co-created — all parties in the relationship take full responsibility for their role & contribution to how the relationship is now — or was
- each party takes full responsibility for what they do, say and the choices each makes in the relationship
- an intent to empower each other to be the best, most authentic version of themselves we can be
Lastly and most importantly, Xtraordinary Relationships are seen as a vehicle for developing greater self awareness, personal growth & spiritual awareness, for each member of the relationship.
Is there a key, creating Xtraordinary Relationships can be boiled down to?
There is one essential factor in creating Xtraordinary Relationships — without this factor, nothing will change in your life.
You must get out there and try NEW WAYS OF RELATING!
Reading books and websites. Listening to podcasts and watching videos, will give you some of the skills, concepts and tools, needed to improve the way we relate with each other.
Which is important.
However, if you do not take the next crucial step in ‘practicing’ the new skill or concept, it will all be for nothing. The only way to transform the way we relate with each other is by getting out there and trying something new.
Sometimes it will work, other times it will not. However it works or not. Just keep on practicing those new skills, until they become habits.
Have the courage and trust in yourself to repeatedly risk failure. Cause sometimes you just will succeed!
It’s like trying to becoming an expert on horse riding, through reading books, watching videos and listening to Podcasts – if you have not actually got on a horse – your knowledge gained by reading and watching, will have limited value until you actually get on that horse!
Get clear on what you want and get out and create it.FIND OUT MORE